Each month we focus on using an oil every day to help us in accomplishing our goals. Join us in choosing a method of application and simply getting this oil on and around you every day in November! My goal is to use up an entire bottle for my personal use!
Idaho Blue Spruce is great for bringing that Winter Christmas feeling into your home. No matter what the weather is where you live, who doesn't love the smell and feeling of a winter wonderland.
IDAHO BLUE SPRUCE AT A GLANCE
- Has a grounding, slightly sweet evergreen aroma
- Can be used to enhance yoga, spiritual practices, or meditation
- Makes a great addition to lotions, oils, and DIY body care products
- Helps release emotional blocks to bring about grounding and balance
- May help respiratory function and clearing of the airways
- Promotes relaxation
BACKGROUND Considered a sacred tree by Native American tribes in the Northwest, it was used traditionally for smudging and purification rites. Spruce leaves, bark, and gum have been used historically by Native Americans for many things - spiritual ceremonies, physical health, poultices, digestive needs, immune support, and more. The oil is steam distilled from the wood, bark, and needles of the Picea pungens tree, an evergreen species native to the central Rocky Mountains. It is produced at the Young Living Highland Flats Tree Farm and Distillery in Naples, Idaho.
KEY CONSTITUENTS Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them specific health-supporting properties
- Alpha-pinene: a powerful antioxidant, some studies have shown alpha-pinene to support the body through inflammation and to help calm the mind
- Limonene: known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-stress support, this is a powerful constituent with many health benefits
- Camphene: some studies may show that this constituent supports cardiovascular health, may help reduce pain and inflammation, support the body’s defences to fungal infections
Idaho Blue Spruce is an excellent oil for the guys as it helps balance and support hormone levels, especially testosterone. Because of its constituents Idaho Blue Spruce may help optimise both testosterone and growth hormone levels. Women can also use Idaho Blue Spruce for healthy testosterone as well!
Blue Spruce Essential Oil has many health benefits, including boosting Testosterone production. Dr. Dan Purser conducted a trial which had the males subjects ingest 8 drops of Blue Spruce Essential Oil within a capsule once daily. The subjects showed an increase of 30% in Testosterone levels after only two weeks, & some subjects showed up to 100% increased levels after 4 weeks. The subjects reported increased physical & mental performance in line with their new higher testosterone levels a year later. - Source
DAILY HABITS WITH IDAHO BLUE SPRUCE:
- Diffuse or inhale Idaho Blue Spruce to fill your space with its tranquil, woodsy aroma.
- Apply to your wrists, neck, or ear lobes during yoga, meditation, or prayer.
- Combine with Geranium and Grapefruit in a roller bottle and dilute with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex to create a fresh, floral perfume.
- Add a few drops to a lightweight carrier oil, such as jojoba or grapeseed, to create a natural beard oil.
- To a 2oz glass dropper bottle add:
- 15 drops Idaho Blue Spruce
- 10 drops Bergamot
- Optional: 10 drops Shutran
- Fill with Jojoba or Grapeseed oil
- Apply to beard and skin and gently massage to keep the hair and skin happy and healthy.
- Make a cologne roller:
- To a 10mL roller bottle add:
- 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce
- 10 drops Bergamot
- 10 drops Cedarwood or Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 3 drops Ylang Ylang
- Fill with carrier of choice
- Make a quick ‘Winter Wonderland’ room spray:
- To a 2oz glass spray bottle add:
- 15 drops Idaho Blue Spruce
- 10 drops Cedarwood
- Optional: 10 drops Orange
- Fill with distilled water
- Spray around everywhere! You can also spritz fresh greenery (wreaths, garlands, etc) to freshen them.
DIFFUSE: Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the woodsy, sweet, grounding scent of Idaho Blue Spruce.
- Frosted Forest:* 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 3 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Cedarwood
- Lullaby: 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Orange
- Anthropologie Volcano Candle: 3 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 3 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Davana + 1 drop Lime
- Date Night: 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 4 drops Ylang Ylang + 2 drops Orange or Tangerine
- Holidays: 3 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 2 drops Cinnamon Bark + 2 drops Orange + 2 drops Vanilla
- Autumn Wreath: 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 4 drops Thieves
Join us in using Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil daily this month and beyond!
Get your Idaho Blue Spruce here
If you would like to learn how you can get your Young Living Products at 24% off the Retail Price and also access great rewards, please message me or for more information go here