Each month we focus on using an oil every day to help us in accomplishing our goals. Join us in choosing a method of application and simply getting this oil on and around you every day in October! My goal is to use up an entire bottle for my personal use!
Cinnamon Bark essential oil has a warm, spicy aroma that is so inviting, especially during the Autumn Season! Cinnamon Bark cleanses the air, creates a warming sensation on the skin when applied topically, and contains antioxidants that help support the immune system and general wellness. Overall it is a staple essential oil for every household!
CINNAMON BARK AT A GLANCE
- Has a warm, spicy, inviting aroma
- Eliminates odors when used aromatically
- Creates a warming sensation when applied topically
- Has the highest known ORAC value
- Strong antioxidant
- Part of the Botanical Family Lauraceae (Laurel Family)
- Native to Sri Lanka, Ceylon cinnamon, or true cinnamon, is a tall, leafy bush that produces fragrant bark and leaves. A member of the laurel family, it is well known the world over as an aromatic culinary spice. Cinnamon Bark essential oil is steam distilled from the inner bark of the tree and has a warm, spicy aroma that evokes memories of the holidays when diffused. Cinnamon Bark Vitality™ contains antioxidants and may provide immune and general wellness support when taken as a dietary supplement.
Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols. Antioxidants are a huge bolster to health since so much of our modern life can create oxidative stress in the body. In a study that compared the antioxidant activity of 26 spices, cinnamon wound up as the clear winner, even outranking “superfoods” like garlic and oregano! Antioxidants also help support the body’s response to inflammation, which plays a role in almost all chronic diseases. Cinnamon can also support healthy cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure levels, making it a wonderful tool for our health!
- Antioxidant capacity of 26 spice extracts and characterization of their phenolic constituents
- Cinnamon: A Multifaceted Medicinal Plant
- Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Cinnamomum cassia Constituents In Vitro and In Vivo
- Cinnamon use in type 2 diabetes: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis
Chromium and polyphenols from cinnamon improve insulin sensitivity
DAILY HABITS WITH CINNAMON BARK:
- Dilute Cinnamon Bark with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and massage it on your feet for a warming massage that supports healthy circulation and tired muscles.
- Add Cinnamon Bark to a daily Wellness Roller and use over the spine and lymph nodes daily:
- To a 10mL Roller add 10 drops each:
- Cinnamon Bark, Oregano, Frankincense, Lemon, and RC or Raven
- Fill with carrier oil of choice
- Add a couple drops of Cinnamon Bark to your favourite perfume roller for a warm, spicy undertone.
- Joy, Tangerine + Cinnamon Bark
- Jasmine, Neroli, Stress Away + Cinnamon Bark
- Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Tangerine + Cinnamon Bark
- Add a drop of Cinnamon Bark to your daily NingXia Red for an extra boost!
- Elevate your fruit smoothie or green drink with a drop of Cinnamon Bark and benefit from its antioxidant properties.
- Drop Cinnamon Bark oil onto pinecones, garlands and other seasonal decor to create a simple passive diffuser!
- Add some spice to your coffee or tea! Add a drop or two of Cinnamon Bark to coffee grounds before brewing or add a drop to honey before stirring into warm tea or water.
- Use Cinnamon Bark in your baking recipes in place of ground cinnamon!
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 1 cup organic coconut or almond milk milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic pureed pumpkin
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp raw organic honey (optional)
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso (already brewed)
- a pinch of cocoa powder
- coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Combine milk, pureed pumpkin, and raw organic honey in a saucepan over medium heat until the coconut milk is bubbling and steaming. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into the bottom half of a coffee cup, then pour in the coffee or espresso on top. Garnish with a dollop of coconut whip cream and a sprinkle of cacao powder.
Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the warm, spicy scent of Cinnamon Bark with me this month!
- Autumn Breeze: 3 drops Orange, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce, 1 drop Clove, 1 drop Nutmeg
- Coffee Shop: 4 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Tangerine
- Pumpkin Spice: 3 drops Clove, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Orange, 2 drops Nutmeg, 1 drop Ginger
Join me in using Cinnamon Bark essential oil daily to create great health habits!
Get your Cinnamon Bark Essential oil here
If you would like to learn how you can get your Young Living Products at 24% off the Retail Price and also access great rewards, please message me or for more information go here